Sunday, July 1, 2007

Earn Extra Points on Your Grade!

In an effort to encourage enhanced communication, I'll work with the Language Arts teachers to add points to your summer reading assignment grades based on your relevant entries. Points will be given for reviews of books, analysis of characters or plots, comparison of book to other books that you have read and creative writings based on your thoughts and opinions triggered by the books.

You should be completing your second book now to be on schedule.

Richard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am currently reading the "Giver".

I am really enjoying the fact that you do not know what is going to happen next. It is like a constant guessing game.

I would describe this as a futuristic science fiction story.

I think you will really like it once you get into it.

Erin (8th)

Anonymous said...

I just got finished with "Grendel" by John Gardener.
The concept for this book is absolutely amazing. Gardener takes a character that would normally be generalized as less intellegent, and gives him extremely complex and brilliant thoughts. Its interesting to view life through a monster's eyes, and hear this beast rationalize his terrorizing of local towns.

Gardener uses unique writing techniques by including scripted dialogue, songs, and riddles.
The imagery not only gives you a sense of Grendel's surroundings, but makes you feel as if you are experiencing what he is.
I would definitely recommend this book, but to an older audience. There is some graphic material that just makes your stomach churn. It is definitely a spellbinding novel that keeps you reading page after page.


Brooke (12th)

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading "The Trumpet Swan". It's a bit predictable but I liked the characters especially the little swan who couldn't talk. My mom liked how the parents worked so hard to find a way for the little guy to communicate and help him feel more "normal".

Banks (4th)